Last week we started a new Bible study with Kay Gresham as our leader. For the next six weeks we will be diving into the book of James. Boy was the first chapter convicting! Especially dealing with the struggles with which I have been battling with the treatments and such.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt..."
4 Reasons We Have Trials
1. To grow us spriritually.
2. To communicate Christ with the watchers of the world. Phil 1:12
3. So we can minister to others. 2 Cor 1:3-5
4. Because we have personal sin. Hebrews 12:5
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him...
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
1. God knows exactly where you are. John 3:16
2. He will use this for good. Romans 8:28
3. He will make a way through it. 1 Cor 10:13
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
**God brings out our virtues and satan brings out our vices.**
WOW! Right between the eyes. I think she was talking to me. Or should I say God put the words in her mouth to speak right to me. I know that we have been going through this for a reason and the reason has been showing itself to us in bits and pieces. It's all so exciting how the Lord is using us. Some days it's not so easy but just thinking about how we are being used for His glory is fascinating!
After the study I asked Kay her opinion about what we are going through. I explained to her what I was struggling with whether to continue the shots or stop them all together.
1. Is it a financial burden to continue the shots?
2. What does your husband think about it?
3. You need to stop over-analyzing this and listen to what your husband advises. After all he is the head of your household.
4. If you were a diabetic you would not go without your insulin. You need not to throw common sense out the window you need to put your body in the best possible state to become pregnant.
5. Listen to your husband.
Interesting. I feel like I've been struggling with this decision night and day when Phillip clearly sees the direction we need to go and is at peace with it. I love the wisdom you get from older women!