Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

So I haven't been totally faithful when it comes to 20 grams a carbs a day. I figure since I was having hundreds of carbs a day before that if I keep it under a hundred or less a day then I'm golden. We'll see how well my theory works. I'm doing pretty good keeping up with the exercise so that's a plus.

Since I'm a super picky eater I've found a few things that I can still eat to soothe the cravings I used to have. Hershey's makes sugar free candy. The regular Hershey's miniature flavor is actually pretty good. It doesn't taste fake at all. They also make Mint chocolate sticks that are really good. Edy's makes a slow churn ice cream that is 1/2 the fat and 1/2 the calories and it truely taste the same as regular ice cream. I still can't indulge as much as before but it does the job. We just trick ourselves and eat our ice cream out of Emma's snack bowls.

1 comment:

Searching said...

I saw a ton of sugar-free candy at Target today and thought of you. I used to be completely sugar free (totally sucked as you can imagine just how few foods are free of processed sugar!) and they have alot more out there than they did a decade ago. How's it all going?