Monday, August 4, 2008

God's Miracle ~ Part 1 ~

I know it's been a long time since I last posted on here. Life has taken us on a definite adventure ride full of ups and unfortunate downs. But here is Part 1 and I'll get Part 2 up soon.

**I wrote this July 8th, 2008**

After 7 at home pregnancy tests which all came up negative and spotting on Sunday we were totally bummed. My initial test at home was Wednesday and after we got the results I called my nurse and she said if I hadn't started my period by the following Monday to come in to the office and they would give me a blood test.


We went back and forth about whether I should even go to the Dr.'s and waste the gas to get there knowing that the blood test would come back negative. But if we wanted to continue treatments then I would have to have the test first to rule things out.


Like always we got up early and made the trip downtown. I sat down in the chair and she took my blood and I told her how I was over the whole thing and that I had already done 7 tests and I didn't know why I was here. Ms. Pam (the lab lady) asked me if I wanted to wait for the results and that it would only take 15 minutes. I contemplated whether to risk getting a parking ticket (which I've already had one last month) since I parked at the 15 minute meter. I decided what the heck and waited.

Emma and I were outside waiting when nurse Priscilla walked out of the door holding a piece of paper and a stick while Ms. Pam was beside her talking on the cell phone. I thought Ms. Pam brought Priscilla out with her to tell me the bad news. I shook my head to indicate that I wasn't pregnant and she gave me an odd look and told me to look closer.


I'M PREGNANT! IT'S POSITIVE!

I immediately started bawling my eyes out in total shock and disbelief because I was 100% for sure talked myself out of any chance of being pregnant. What a miracle! Next thing I know Ms. Pam is putting the cell phone up to my ear and it's my nurse Leanne. She was hootin and hollerin in the phone saying how God is so good! She said the next time I saw her that I was getting big hugs. Once I settled down and got myself together we left the office. I was told that they would monitor me real close and that I would have to come back in 2 days to make sure my levels were increasing.

I wanted to do something really cool for Phillip to tell him that I was pregnant but my mind was not functioning at all. He was already calling me on my cell phone to see how the appt went and I didn't answer. There was no way I could tell him on the phone and I certainly couldn't lie to him. There was no way I could wait until he got home from work that day to surprise him and do something cool. So Emma and I decided to go to his work and show him the test and the paper they gave me.

When we got to his work he wasn't in his office so we waited for him. Usually I try to look somewhat decent when we go visit him but today I was tragic in some gym shorts and a t-shirt and Emma had her funky outfit on that she picked out. lol He came in and shut the door and I told him to look at the paper. He scanned it and stopped. Looked up at me with a big smile and said, "You're pregnant!?!" I showed him the stick and he started jumping up and down. Shocked and excited can hardly explain the emotions.

It's been 1 1/2 since starting treatments and almost 2 years since we decided to start trying. It's been a long journey filled with ups and downs but God always new what he was doing. We rely on his timing and will except nothing less. It's God's time for us to have baby #2 and we welcome it with open arms.

God is so good and he continues to bestow his blessings upon us. What a miracle this is!

Children are a gift from God; they are his reward. Psalm 127:3
**Before you get to excited stay tuned for Part 2**

No comments: