Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What We've Been Up To!

I am 19 weeks 3 days and so far so good. My belly is getting bigger by the day and things are still so surreal. The thought of actually having two babies and bringing them home hasn't quite sunk in. Although it has started to sink in as we talk about selling Phillip's Honda Accord so we can purchase a sweet new minivan! It occurded to me that it'll be years before I ever, if ever, own a sedan again. Not that I'm complaining because I totally am not. My dream for years has been to fill up a minivan! Never thought that at the beginning of this journey almost 5 months ago that I would have maxed a minivan out with this pregnancy!


We've started getting the nursery ready. At first, Emma wanted to move into the 3rd bedroom and then after some thought she decided to keep her original room which pleased me and Phillip. I've already gotten the matching bedding for the babies and am really excited about it. There were only two colors that matched both patterns. One was green and the other white. We chose to go with a simple white to make things easier and not so loud. I'll have to post some pictures as we make some progress but as of now we still have our guest bed up but the walls have been primed and painted! Phillip put a lot of time and effort into the painting job and I do have to say it looks marvelous!!! As for curtains...I may try my hand at making them myself. I have an idea in my head as to what I want them to look like and I don't think it should be that hard. We'll see about that. I may have to enlist my Mother-in-laws help. She's the expert sew'er.


I've started feeling the babies move. Occassionally I can get Phillip to feel a hard lump of something but he can't feel them move yet. I get tired easily but can't complain. The headaches have diminished quite a bit which I am totally thankful for. They aren't completely gone but they are less frequent than they were. The only physical symptom I can feel regarding carrying twins is that I can't walk very far or up a lot of steps. I get winded very easily. It makes me feel totally out of shape but I try not to let it get to me because I know everything in me is going to the twins. I'm definitely not complaining just jotting down what I'm feeling these days.


Monday we go for my 20 week ultrasound and Dr's appt. This appt they will take all the important measurements to make sure they are growing properly and to make sure nothing is alarming. I have to say I'm a bit nerve wracked! Everytime a Dr's appt approaches I get nervous. It's totally from the experience we had at the beginning of this pregnancy. We've had such great Dr's appointments since we've been seeing my OB and I'm scared that we will have a bad visit one of these days. Especially after my friend lost her baby after delivering a full term baby girl. Even if we did get bad news we would never have changed anything about having these two. We know that God has given them life and that life will be used for His purpose and glory. I just keep praying that they will be born healthy and loved beyond measure!

2 comments:

danapate said...

My daughter, Ellie, still prays every single night for you. She always asks God to keep your two babies safe inside of you and to love the three babies in Heaven with Him. It is so innocent and sweet. I know God hears her. She prays with her heart and I just wanted to let you know that she STILL prays each day for you and your babies. She calls you "ashley from helena"...We once lived in Helena. Great place to raise a family. So happy all is going well with you.

Ashley said...

Gosh Dana! That is so sweet of your little girl. You must be very proud of her! We truely appreciate any and all prayers these days. I'm really nervous about our appt this coming Monday and hoping we get good reports! Tell your little girl that her prayers are working since the two little babies are still here and seems to be growing right on time. We'll see on Tuesday if everything else is measuring properly!

Hugs!