Monday, February 25, 2008

Unlikely Ovulation

So along with my bloodwork that I had done last Monday they also did an ultrasound on my ovaries to see if maybe I had a cyst that ruptured and that would be the reason for all the pain I've been having. But that was ruled out when they didn't find any fluid in my abdomen and they think that since they didn't see a cyst of 1.8cm in size that maybe it was shrinking with the slight possibility of ovulation.

So I'm back to diagnosis #1 being that maybe I have a kidney or colon infection.

We decided on Wednesday at the very last minute that we were going to pack up and head down to Florida to visit Phillip's family. About 2 hours down the road my back started aching but we decided to press on. 4 hours down the road I was in complete meltdown and almost in tears from the pain. Luckily Phillip's brother was very generous and hooked us up with a hotel room for the night. There I was able to lay in the bed with my heating pain, start taking my antibiotic that the ER Doctor told me to stop and then loaded up with my pain medicine and tried to sleep the night away.

The next day I felt much better but called and talked to a nurse at my primary physician's office and she advised me to continue taking my antibiotic and to call them when we got home if I still felt bad. The rest of the day I felt pretty good but still used the heating pad at night when I slept. The next day I didn't feel stellar but didn't feel horrible so we went about our day at his Mom's house. Thursday night we headed down to his brother's house where I didn't have a good night. So Friday Phillip took me to Doctor #3, another Doc-in-the-box and she was just a moron. I think she just wanted to get me out of her office so she wrote me a prescription for a muscle relaxer (to relax my stomach and hopefully stop it from hurting) and another antibiotic for a possible urinary tract infection.

So we are home now and it's Monday. Last night I hardly slept because I was in pain again. My stomach, left lower abdomen and back were on fire and aching something fierce. So when my primary physician's office opened I was first in line to make an appointment. I go at 4:20 hoping and praying that they will figure out what the heck is wrong with me. I can't take much more and I'm in dire need of a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hope they were able to come up with the reason you haven't been feeling well. Sounds a lot like what Mr. Dudley has. Praying you feel better soon, looking forward to the update.