Friday, September 12, 2008

Me, Myself and I

Last week I was working at my sucky job while Emma was at MDO. This week I filled my two days up with me time! The first day was spent going to the OB/GYN to get my annual exam. It's one of those must have done things. It's been well over a year since I had my last and I know it's not Emma's favorite place to go with me and I don't blame her. So that's how I spent my first day.

My second day I really did something for myself. I went on a bike ride! A bike ride that kicked my butt! For someone who used to ride her bike all of the time to someone who hardly rides it was very challenging. You ask how far did I go? 5 miles! Yes ladies and gentleman. Five very hard miles. I got off my bike and said to myself, "This sucks!" "This was not as fun as I wanted it to be." I can go from riding 8 miles in North Carolina to 17 at the beach to a measley 5 miles in Birmingham? Trust me it was way more hilly than I expected and I chose this route because it was the least hilly route that I could have taken near my house. I SUCK!!! But I guess that means I have to ride more often and harder. Maybe I'll try again next week.

No comments: