Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stepping Stones

Monday when I went in to get my ultrasound and bloodwork done I figured that I would be continuing on with the shots like I had planned. ;) I had only one night left on the original medicine that I had saved since my last cycle in June. So Nurse L ordered me several more boxes and I would go and get them at the specialty pharmacy after I left the Dr.'s office.




When I got there we had to wait a few minutes while they filled my perscription. Sitting on the table by the chair was this magazine that caught my eye. Stepping Stones "Offering Christian Support for Couples Facing Infertility or Pregnancy Loss." I picked the magazine up but didn't browse through it until late last night. Wow.


After I got the phone call earlier this afternoon I didn't have much time to be sad but I was and have been since. I sat down and started reading Stepping Stones and it was just what I needed. Interesting. There was a section of Bible verses that was titled "Hide God's Word in your heart." These totally hit home. Check it out.


I can do everything through Him who gives me strength- Phillipians 4:13 NIV


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go- Joshua 1:9 (Talk about hitting home. I'm discouraged. I know I shouldn't be but I am a little. This verse was nice to hear and be reminded of.)


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways, declares the LORD- Isaiah 55:8


Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith- Hebrews 12:2a


Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long- Psalm 25:4-5


Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!- Isaiah 30:18


You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance- Psalm 32:7


As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore- Psalm 125:2


This is only the first 2 pages of the magazine. Check out the website. I haven't done much research on it yet but it looks like it's chock full of information with a Christian perspective. I like the support it gives and the insight. I can't wait to read more articles in it and tell you all about them. For right now it's bedtime for Emma and we are trying to get her more on a schedule. Goodnight for now! I can't wait to share more with you tomorrow.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That newsletter is great. I get it in the mail. You can sign up to get it for free and I highly recommend it!

Melis.sa said...

I'm going to look up that website. I love how much comfort God can provide with his unfailing love. Thank you for sharing that!