Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Finally...We saw 2 lines!

Over two years in the making, our journey through secondary infertility has ended. Boy did the Lord send us out with a BANG!


After my last blog entry I wrote about being truely content, we could not have been more at peace about our decision to take a break. How long a break we would take was never discussed we just knew we needed to focus on our family and move on.


We had one more decision to make before we took a break. Should we do one more cycle since we had enough medicine? We wouldn't want all that medicine to go to waste. We prayed and decided to go ahead with one more cycle.


This would be my first cycle with Dr. B. He started me off taking 150iu's of Follistem for 10 days. Every other day I was brought in for an ultrasound and bloodwork to be monitored. Day 14 I went in to be checked and I had 8-9 large follicles on my ovaries. One nurse said that I was a perfect candidate to do IVF since I had so many large follicles they could harvest. Instead of IVF we took an ovulation shot.


One week later I started gaining weight and having a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. After all was said and done, I had gained 15 pounds, could barely bend over and tie my shoes and I was definitely into maternity clothes.


Two weeks went by and it was time to test. We saw two lines! We were so excited! I went in for my blood test to confirm the pregnancy and to check my hormone levels. They want your pregnancy hormone to be over 5 and mine was 219 and they want your progesterone level to be over 15 and mine was 101. Again the nurse said that with these numbers I could be having twins!

No comments: