Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tonight's the Night

Here we go again! Tonight starts my first night of shots. We are going after it again. This time around I am doing the same exact protocol that I did with Emma. I've been taking 2.5mg of Prednisone every night. May 7th I went into the Dr.s office and he gave me the Progesterone and oil shot to get me to start instead of having to take the pills every night for seven nights. He said this should get things started in 2 to 3 days. Well me not being normal like everyone else took 17 days to start. As usual we chalk it up to God's timing and it'll all work itself out. The only thing different is that I am taking Follistem instead of Gonal-F. It's the same hormone drug just manufactured by someone different. We are also on a new prescription plan so I think my medicine is only going to cost us the $50 copay versus paying hundreds of dollars before. I think we will still get stuck with the $250 management fee but that's ok. Atleast the medicine won't be as expesive. That's definitely a bright side. I would love to have a late-March early April baby so we are saying lots of prayers and keeping ourselves busy so we don't let it consume our thoughts! We are so blessed to have Emma and she is all we need. But she thinks that she needs a brother or sister. Every morning she wakes up and the first thing she says is, "Mommy, I want to see friends today. Or, I want to go to the playground and see friends." I hope to have her a permenant friend soon. :)

So here's to estrogen cocktails for the next 14 days. Cheers!

No comments: