Friday, March 7, 2008

A New Season

Phillip went back to work today after being home with us for 2 months. We will surely miss him but are very excited about the plans God has for him in his new job. The Lord has blessed us and provided for us these past two months and we are so thankful for the time we had together. A priceless two months for him to spend with Emma and me that we wouldn't have traded for world.

Being that I still am not feeling well, my Mom flew in from Indianapolis so she could help me out with Emma. Monday afternoon I went back to my primary physician so I could follow up with him about my CT-Scan. He said that I did show inflamation in my abdomen and that I should start to feel better soon. He was a little baffled that I had such a bad weekend and still having lots of pain. He wrote me two more prescriptions: Flagyl (for colon infection) and Sulfasalazin (to reduce the inflamation) and sent me on my way with a referral to a Gastroenterologist. He said that he would try and get me an appointment to see the GI in the next 2 weeks. 2 weeks! 2 more weeks of sleepless nights, horrible pain and soaking in the tub by moonlight? Oh dear. How can this be? Luckily by the time I got home from the Dr's office they had already left me a message on my answering machine with an appointment for the GI on Friday. Ok. Friday is only 4 days away. It's certainly better than 2 weeks so I'll deal with it.

Monday night I woke up at 12:30am in pain again. I got in the bath and took a Percocet and was able to get back in bed 2 hours later. While I was in the bath God put it on my heart to email a girlfriend that I go to church/MOMS group with. Her husband is a GI doctor at the hospital that's about 10 minutes from our house. So I got onto the computer and emailed her asking if she could possibly get me an appointment to see her husband that next day. I was up and waiting for his office to open at 8:30am and how amazing is this. He had a cancellation that afternoon and I could get in to see him at 3:00pm!!! God is so good!

No comments: