Friday, March 14, 2008

Potty Love

A week ago today was my last post. I guess not much exciting is going on in my life these days. I thought my days of unexplained pain was behind me but no such luck. We were supposed to get my biopsy results from my colonoscopy either Monday or Tuesday but no dice. Figures since Dr. L was going on vacation Wednesday through Friday. Hopefully he will return on Monday. My Mom has been here helping out and was such a blessing. She went home on Wednesday and what do you know. As soon as I got home from the airport my stomach started hurting for the first time in 5 days. It felt like I had to go to the bathroom and my stomach was bloated so I took 1 Dulcolax. (The directions say to take between 1 & 2.) What do you know...2 hours later my lower abdomen was cramping and I spent the next several hours running to and from the bathroom.

Nothing better than a daughter's unconditional love. Emma must have thought whatever was going on in the bathroom what great fun. She would soon appear at the door, come in and have a seat on her bathroom stool. We'd giggle, sing songs, patty cake. At one point she brought in a mini pillow in and handed it to me. She would climb up on her stool, turn the lights off and say "night night Mommy." Then she would turn the lights back on and then shake me and say, "Wake up Mommy!" I would wake up suddenly and she thought that was the funniest thing ever! Nothing like playing games while having stomach cramps on the toilet. Pure potty love...

No comments: