Saturday, December 15, 2007

December Cycle Day 3

So today I start my shots again. Round 3. Third times a charm!

I'm on the same protocol as last time. 100iu's of Follistim for 3 nights and come back for bloodwork and ultrasound.

It was 10pm eastern standard time (1 hour ahead of Birmingham's time) and I remebered that I needed to take my shot. I'm supposed to take it between 7-9pm. Luckily I wasn't to late. The only thing I did not bring was rubbing alcohol and cotton balls to clean and make everything sterile before giving myself the shot. Phillip and I couldn't find anything so I resorted to Emma's baby wipes! Boy are we living on the edge. As I was holed up in the bedroom I was trying to find a spot on my stomach that wasn't super sensitive when I poked at my skin. Usually it's easy but this time it wasn't. I think my body is scarred from the previous months. It's on strike but I have to cross the picket lines and I went for it. Ouch! I thought to myself, "Self, why do you keep torturing me? I don't know? Well, I take that back. I do know and we pray everyday that this month will be the month that we get our miracle baby."

By now it's about 10:30 and it's been a long day. Emma didn't sleep well the night before. She went strong until everyone left. Around 4:30 she had a fever of 101.6 and was asking to take a shower. Phillip put her in the shower with him and just a few minutes later she was asleep on his shoulder. She slept for 2 hours after and long and exciting day seeing that we just had Christmas #1 with Phillip's side of the family. It's been a great day and now it's time to try and get Emma to bed. I'm sick, have no voice left, glands swollen and my eyes are being held open with tooth picks. Sleepy land here we come.

No comments: