Tuesday, December 4, 2007

October 2007

October I had to sit out from a month of infertility treatments. They do this so that they do not hyper-stimulate my ovaries and cause me to have cysts.

So October was spent in reflection. September, Phillip and I started going to a new small group at church and we were starting a new Bible study titled "Abide."

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:3

We took pieces from John 15 and studied them more in depth each Wednesday night. The verse that struck me the most was:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off ever branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15: 1-3

Lightbulb moment! God is pruining me so that I can bear more fruit. Wow! God is good! Now how am I going to use my situation and what I now realize is my testimony to reach others who are believers or may be a non-believer? I can share my testimony to other so I can tell them what God has done in my life and what he continues to do. He is faithful and true.

So my treatments had not worked in July or September but I no longer feel defeated. I am energized! I know this sounds a bit odd but it is so obvious. God has something else in store for us. Imagine! He has something bigger in store for us right now than getting pregnant. How exciting. I cannot wait to see what's in store. What could the Lord have for little ole us? It must be big!

No comments: