Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hormonal? I Think So!

So after Christmas #1, Sunday we drove up to Jacksonville to attend my best friend's sister's wedding (Leanne's sister Debra was the bride). Are you still with me? Ok. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. First of all it was outside. When we walked up and sat down I realized that Mr. Dudley (Debra's dad) was standing at the front and it hit me. He was marrying them! Wow! I started tearing up immediately. I just think that is the neatest thing. So if Mr. Dudley was already standing at the front who is going to walk Debra down the aisle? The...flood...gates...open... Here comes Justin (Debra's brother) walking her down the aisle! Is that not the sweetest thing ever?

Mr. and Mrs. Dudley had five children! it was always so neat growing up around them. There was always someone over at their house and you were always welcome. It was a Christian home and you knew that if you ever needed anything or needed someone to talk to they would always be there for you. I have to say it was a priveledge to be a part of their family.

Here I am getting all sappy. What's happening to me? Thanks for letting me relive my teenage years and how great they were!

Back at the wedding. After the ceremony we went inside for the reception and it was like a big ole reunion! I've seen people that I haven't seen in years. I'm not a crier. The first person I run into we start hugging and I start crying. Who is this person that's living in my body? I do not know her. You have to realize that I'm usually not a person that cries easily. I'm just getting it all out today. Looking back it was actually quite funny. Then the person says to me, "Are you expecting again?" You thought reuniting with an old friend was emotional try having to listen to that question! I calmly reply, "No but we are trying and having a pretty hard time."

People just don't get it. Not only are you having a hard time getting pregnant, but you have a condition that helps you put on extra weight and is not partial to any type of diet. Getting asked if you are pregnant when you are not is pretty downright depressing. So that set the mood for the night.

Besides the few mishaps in the middle we had an absolute great time and loved visiting with everyone. I think I'm over the hormonal hump now. :)

No comments: